Tuesday 15 May 2012

GOOD PICKINGS 1.


 I had a great day totting on Sunday, the sun was shining and pickings rich. Myself or my bike did not enjoy the ride home it was slow and backbreaking.


 I had some great finds at a local market, the best being a copper ended hammer for a £1, worth more in scrap but a lovely usable thing. Then I went on to a secret location I have bloged about before for some sun, sand and rusty ol iron. The lump in the picture above is I think some kind of grabber jaw from a digger, and in the pic below a flame cut off, hot riveted piece of structural steel. both very heavy and fairly old.


 I also found this rusty old bracket and a few large bolts which I put on the lathe to drill the centres out to make a back rest for a small very heavy duty chair for the workshop. I love it when a plan comes together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment